Business Partner Event 2017 Roundup
Yesterday's Business Partner event went down really well and we'd like to say a big thank you to all of our partners who were able to attend.
Sue Daley from techUK described how important data analytics is for productivity, job creation and economic growth in the UK.
- Bring together different types and sources of data
- Use data to provide insights and business knowledge
- Make real-time business decisions
By using BI tools for better use of data, we will deliver value across every sector through:
- Departmental efficiency and cost-savings
- Personalisation of products and services
- Reduction of fraud and errors
- Understanding public sentiment
Ian Mann at ECSC explained how the GDPR which comes into effect May 2018 will require businesses to be fully compliant in their data security.
Key out-takes on GDPR were:
- Data breaches to be reported within 72 hours
- Fines range from 2-4% of turnover
- Obligations for data ‘processors’ as well as ‘data controllers’
Preventative measures and secure technologies for accessing and sharing data are of critical importance.
Ken Miller showed the new HTML edit chart screen which is currently in Alpha. The delegates enjoyed trying it out on tablets and experiencing how easy it is to build charts from scratch.
We were delighted to present our Partner Award to Advanced for their commitment to our partnership from both a technical and marketing perspective.
Our next partner event will be on Thursday 23rd November and will have a core product and technical focus.
Written by Zandra
Zandra is the co-founder and CEO of Panintelligence. She not only drives the product and the Sales Team forward but is also instrumental in evolving the innovative culture of Panintelligence. When Zandra isn’t in the office she can be found with her family, as well as painting, running, and leading her Leeds Lean in Ladies Circle. Basically, she never stops.